SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Mr. Lieberman served as lead trial attorney for a commercial litigation firm located in Chicago from 2005 through late 2010. During that time he handled lawsuits involving a plethora of legal issues, including contract disputes, personal injuries, insurance related issues, product liability matters, construction defects, and real estate.
In 2010 he relocated to Colorado where his practice is principally comprised of product liability matters, commercial/business issues, and personal injury claims.
As part of his vehicle-related product liability practice, Mr. Lieberman oversees vehicle and scene inspections throughout the country and deposes experts in the fields of accident reconstruction, vehicle dynamics, vehicle mechanics and biomechanics. Mr. Lieberman’s product liability practice extends into tires, oil and gas wells, human transportation systems and beyond. His genuine passion and interest for “how things work” helps fuel and propel his products practice into multiple arenas.
Mr. Lieberman’s commercial practice is comprised of local business issues, officer-director disputes, mortgage origination disputes, complex business disputes and complex contract disputes. He is fortunate to serve as outside corporate counsel for local businesses and relishes the opportunity to work with start-ups.
Mr. Lieberman’s personal injury practice is comprised of slip-and-falls, car crashes, bicycle accidents, defective products and more. He has represented clients with debilitating physical and cognitive injuries. Mr. Lieberman is selective in the cases he accepts into the firm and prides himself on pre-litigation case development and assessment.
Mr. Lieberman is licensed to practice law in Colorado and Illinois and has been admitted pro hac vice in courts across the country.
- University of Illinois, B.A. in Psychology
- Chicago Kent College of Law, J.D., scholarship recipient
- Supreme Court of Illinois – 2005
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois – 2006
- Supreme Court of Colorado – 2011
- United States District Court, Colorado – 2011
- United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit – 2013
RECENT PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- The Collateral Source Rule: A State by State Compendium – 2012, DRI publication (contributor)
- Undocumented Workers and Lost Future Earnings – November 2014, The Colorado Lawyer
- Sharing Defense Experts – November 2014, DRI: For the Defense
- DRI Product Liability Case Law Update 2015 – 2016, DRI publication (contributor, 10th Circuit & Federal Circuit)
- Why, How and When to Hire a Lawyer – 2016, presentation for the DTC Chamber of Commerce
- Ethical Issues Regarding EDR Data and Drones – 2016, presentation for the Colorado Bar Association; 2016, presentation for the Pueblo Bar Association
- Product Liability Advisory Council, Sustaining Member
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- DRI – Voice of the Defense Bar
- Volunteer for the Greenwood Village Chamber of Commerce, event planning committee
- Denver Jewish Chamber of Commerce
- Greenwood Village Chamber of Commerce Executive Council